If your company is facing a software audit, Scott & Scott, LLP can help. Software audits by software publishers and their trade groups are on the rise. Many companies are paying substantial fines and suffering negative publicity resulting from license compliance investigations. If your business runs software published by Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, IBM, Oracle you may be at risk for a software audit.
Scott & Scott, LLP has developed a comprehensive solution to respond to software audit matters including technology to perform a software inventory and analysis, IT professionals that understand the technology used in a variety of businesses, and experienced attorneys to handle the legal process.
Our professionals have assisted businesses with various types of software audit matters such as:
- Software audits initiated by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and the Software Information Industry Association (SIIA)
- Software asset management engagements & SPLA license reviews initiated by Microsoft
- License compliance reviews by Oracle and IBM
- Audit requests from Adobe, Autodesk, and other software publishers
- Federal Copyright Infringement Litigation Involving Autodesk & the SIIA.
- Arbitration of Copyright Infringement Claims before the American Arbitration Association.
Scott & Scott, LLP has represented over 500 companies across the United States in software audit matters. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your legal rights throughout the burdensome and expensive software audit process.
Software Agreements and Audits Presentation
- 27AprScott & Scott CLE Webinar Oracle software is used by a wide range of enterprises. Oracle’s audit practice has continued to grow and many customers are surprised by the outcomes in Oracle audits. In some...26AprSOUTHLAKE, TEXAS (PRWEB) APRIL 26, 2017 Boutique law firm,Scott & Scott, LLP, was honored by Lawyers Worldwide Magazine as Technology Law Firm of the Year – USA in the April 17th edition of Super Lawyers...
- 2FebSteve Russman, IBSMA, 2/1/2017 Julie Machal-Fulks, a technology attorney with Texas firm Scott & Scott, has handled hundreds of software audits and manages the firm’s Oracle practice. She helps her clients with everything from negotiating...19JanStephen F. Pinson, The Licensing Journal, November/December 2016 Indemnification is a very important provision in a software agreement. It transfers legal risk between contracting parties, and the indemnification provision acts like an insurance policy for future lawsuits where a...
- 10JanJulie Machal-Fulks, Texas Lawyer, January 2017 Helpful Tips to Manage the Cost of Annual Budgets and Corporate Transactions For many corporations, the end of the year signifies that it is time to look to the coming year and identify...30NovMichael O’Dwyer, The PULSE of IT, 11/29/16 Virtualization offers many advantages, but ineffective virtual server security and compliance policies can easily negate them. Virtual machine (VM) sprawl and software license management in particular may prove...
Scott and Scott understands our business and are very responsive.
Your office was extremely helpful to us during our BSA ordeal. Very easy to work with and always gave us really great advice regarding a subject matter that we were not familiar with.
Excellent representation; outstanding communication; reasonable fees for service.
Your services were timely, fairly priced and straight to the point of what we needed done.
Great service and results.
For the third time I have called on you guys to negotiate on our technology company’s behalf. You took the time to understand our business model, where we were going and what we wanted to accomplish. You successfully helped us reach our goal each time. Our company is growing, our profit is up, and we know we can depend on Scott and Scott to be there when we need them in the future. Thank you for being consistent.
I found the firm most knowledgeable in all IT subject matter and the quality of documents prepared was excellent!