If your company is facing a software audit, Scott & Scott, LLP can help. Software audits by software publishers and their trade groups are on the rise. Many companies are paying substantial fines and suffering negative publicity resulting from license compliance investigations. If your business runs software published by Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, IBM, Oracle you may be at risk for a software audit.
Scott & Scott, LLP has developed a comprehensive solution to respond to software audit matters including technology to perform a software inventory and analysis, IT professionals that understand the technology used in a variety of businesses, and experienced attorneys to handle the legal process.
Our professionals have assisted businesses with various types of software audit matters such as:
- Software audits initiated by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and the Software Information Industry Association (SIIA)
- Software asset management engagements & SPLA license reviews initiated by Microsoft
- License compliance reviews by Oracle and IBM
- Audit requests from Adobe, Autodesk, and other software publishers
- Federal Copyright Infringement Litigation Involving Autodesk & the SIIA.
- Arbitration of Copyright Infringement Claims before the American Arbitration Association.
Scott & Scott, LLP has represented over 500 companies across the United States in software audit matters. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your legal rights throughout the burdensome and expensive software audit process.
Software Agreements and Audits Presentation
- 4AugFinance Monthly – Spotlight Feature – Software Disputes, Robert Scott, July 2016 Lessons Learned in Over 500 Software License Disputes Regardless of whether the publisher is Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, Oracle, IBM or any of their trade...14JunSome of their most integral software applications businesses use are under another party’s control. When each party is upholding its end of the licensing bargain, these relationships can be long-lasting and useful. But, in some...
- 31MayThe ITAM Review, May 17, 2016 We’re pleased to announce the details of some of our confirmed conference speakers at our upcoming US conference in Florida on 19th & 20th September and UK conference in...31MayErnesto, Torrent Freak, 5/28/16 The Business Software Alliance, a trade group representing Adobe, Apple and Microsoft, is known to offer cash payments to people who help them find companies that run unlicensed software. Today we speak with an...
- 11MayRobert J. Scott, TechCrunch, 5/11/16 There is a highly divisive and costly practice that software companies have inflicted on their customers for nearly a decade. This practice brings with it significant emotional duress, time investment...4MayTexas Lawyer, May 2016 One of the most difficult issues lawyers face when dealing with technology is that technology professionals often use a different kind of language.
For the third time I have called on you guys to negotiate on our technology company’s behalf. You took the time to understand our business model, where we were going and what we wanted to accomplish. You successfully helped us reach our goal each time. Our company is growing, our profit is up, and we know we can depend on Scott and Scott to be there when we need them in the future. Thank you for being consistent.
I found the firm most knowledgeable in all IT subject matter and the quality of documents prepared was excellent!
Trust and known quality of the work that the legal team does on behalf of its clients and the customer care that they provide beyond legal acumen.
Great work and representation. The result was better than we could have expected.
Thank you for the service you and the team and Scott & Scott, LLP have provided us here at SMART I.T. Services, Inc. It was a pleasure working with you, especially since your service was fast, friendly, flexible and accurate. The fact that you work in our industry and have experience with the issues associated with it, were just icing on the cake!
It is with great and sincere pleasure that I recommend Scott and Scott, LLP. Scott and Scott has done an exemplary job for the Waypoint Solutions Group team, writing and reviewing contracts and developing our information security program and information security incident plan. Having a trusted and competent firm to handle our specific and complex needs as an IT company, allows us to focus on and deliver the highest quality solutions for our customers. Rob Scott and the entire Scott and Scott organization display unparalleled industry expertise and professionalism, and...
Mr. Scott and his team have provided my organization and its over 30,000 members with a wealth of leadership, expertise, and legal advice. When it comes to IT related issues there is no other law firm I would entrust to render advice and counsel to me and my organization. Rob and his firm are at the top of their profession in the Information Technology community. I recommend Scott & Scott to all my clients and friends who are in the business. If you are in the IT profession and need...