If your company is facing a software audit, Scott & Scott, LLP can help. Software audits by software publishers and their trade groups are on the rise. Many companies are paying substantial fines and suffering negative publicity resulting from license compliance investigations. If your business runs software published by Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, IBM, Oracle you may be at risk for a software audit.
Scott & Scott, LLP has developed a comprehensive solution to respond to software audit matters including technology to perform a software inventory and analysis, IT professionals that understand the technology used in a variety of businesses, and experienced attorneys to handle the legal process.
Our professionals have assisted businesses with various types of software audit matters such as:
- Software audits initiated by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and the Software Information Industry Association (SIIA)
- Software asset management engagements & SPLA license reviews initiated by Microsoft
- License compliance reviews by Oracle and IBM
- Audit requests from Adobe, Autodesk, and other software publishers
- Federal Copyright Infringement Litigation Involving Autodesk & the SIIA.
- Arbitration of Copyright Infringement Claims before the American Arbitration Association.
Scott & Scott, LLP has represented over 500 companies across the United States in software audit matters. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your legal rights throughout the burdensome and expensive software audit process.
Software Agreements and Audits Presentation
- 30NovMichael O’Dwyer, The PULSE of IT, 11/29/16 Virtualization offers many advantages, but ineffective virtual server security and compliance policies can easily negate them. Virtual machine (VM) sprawl and software license management in particular may prove...22NovScott & Scott, LLP, a technology law firm, has been recognized as the successful winner in the 11th Anniversary of their ACQ5 Global Awards. “We are honored to be a winner in ACQ5’s Global Awards...
- 10NovScott & Scott is a business and technology law firm that helps businesses aggressively protect their intellectual property, understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, litigate and resolve disputes, and consummate complicated business transactions....5OctJulie Machal-Fulks, Texas Lawyer, 10/3/16 A law firm’s electronic data can be critical to the firm’s efficiency. If a firm’s electronic information were lost or otherwise unusable, it could hinder or even cripple the firm’s...
- 5OctDan Tynan, InfoWorld, 4/25/16 ‘Truing up’ licenses amounts to billions of dollars in revenue for the major software makers. Here’s where the money goes — and how it’s extracted.30SepMichael O’Dwyer, ipswitch, 9/29/16 If you require software licensing tips, don’t expect your software vendors to be of any real help, given the prevalence of outsourced call centers by many of the world’s global players.
For the third time I have called on you guys to negotiate on our technology company’s behalf. You took the time to understand our business model, where we were going and what we wanted to accomplish. You successfully helped us reach our goal each time. Our company is growing, our profit is up, and we know we can depend on Scott and Scott to be there when we need them in the future. Thank you for being consistent.
I found the firm most knowledgeable in all IT subject matter and the quality of documents prepared was excellent!
Trust and known quality of the work that the legal team does on behalf of its clients and the customer care that they provide beyond legal acumen.
Great work and representation. The result was better than we could have expected.
Thank you for the service you and the team and Scott & Scott, LLP have provided us here at SMART I.T. Services, Inc. It was a pleasure working with you, especially since your service was fast, friendly, flexible and accurate. The fact that you work in our industry and have experience with the issues associated with it, were just icing on the cake!
It is with great and sincere pleasure that I recommend Scott and Scott, LLP. Scott and Scott has done an exemplary job for the Waypoint Solutions Group team, writing and reviewing contracts and developing our information security program and information security incident plan. Having a trusted and competent firm to handle our specific and complex needs as an IT company, allows us to focus on and deliver the highest quality solutions for our customers. Rob Scott and the entire Scott and Scott organization display unparalleled industry expertise and professionalism, and...
Mr. Scott and his team have provided my organization and its over 30,000 members with a wealth of leadership, expertise, and legal advice. When it comes to IT related issues there is no other law firm I would entrust to render advice and counsel to me and my organization. Rob and his firm are at the top of their profession in the Information Technology community. I recommend Scott & Scott to all my clients and friends who are in the business. If you are in the IT profession and need...